After flying to Auckland to meet Barny, flying to 12 hours to San Fran and dropping off our boats, flying to Seattle to pick our car, driving 13 hours back to San Fran to get our boats and driving to Caloma to set up camp we were ready to get down to business. My good mate Skux suggested a run down 49 to Bridgeport on the South Yuba River, so that is what we did. Here are some pics of this classic low elevation run.
- Barny boofing through one of the many classic drops (P. Jordy)
- Me coming through the same rapid (P. Barny)
- Barny boofing through a tight slot (P. Jordy)
- Skux feeling small in a big river valley (P. Barny)
- Barny going crazy horse (P. Jordy)
- getting ready to launch (P. Barny)
- Barny charging into the "bishy-bashy" stuff (P. Jordy)
- Me on the lead into the "bishy-bashy" (P. Barny)
- Barny eating the meat (P. Jordy)
This is a super classic that reminded me of the Whitcombe but with a greater number of and diversity of drops. We also got on the Purdons section of the South Yuba, above 49 to Bridgeport, but because we we're travelling at MACH - Justin Pat I only got to take photos from one point.
- Justin doing his crazy boof (P. Jordy)