Friday, August 19, 2011

Upper Cherry

Upper Cherry has to be one of the most well-known runs in the world... and this is justified! Amazing granite slides, dome gorges and pretty much everything is good to go. Although I tried to sack up and carry my boat in there, after I had an a nights rest I realised I still wasn't up to it so ended up hiking it out. But not after hanging out at Flintstone for a few days with the drove of kayakers that were around there. Barny, Snarley, Cheese and the Canon were the first crew down to me at Flintstone, with Barny, Snarley and Canon running Cherry Bomb at high flow late in the evening. The next day was lifestyled at Flintstone, ate dank food including a 2 1/2 pound steak, done some laps of the tea-cups, caught fish and just chilled! The last day I hiked out to the trail and took my boat out and the boys walked up to run Cherry Bomb and then mob out in time to make San Fran for Barny's Birthday celebration. Barny's camera died on this trip but here are some of the photos he got from this super classic trip!


The canon on the early slide (p. Barny)



Snarley entering Gorilla Slide (p. Barny)


Peacher rolling into Cherry Bomb... switch! (p. Barny)




Cheese on the Tea-Cup's (p. Peacher)




Barny about to fly after a HUGE seal-launch (p. Peacher)


Needless to say, this was a sick trip for the boys and even for me just chilling at Flintstone... and we definitely had a sick time in San Fran for an more than memorable birthday!

1 comment:

market research reports said...

Awesome picture. really appreciated. thanks for sharing with us.