Last time I was in the states I missed out on this gem, much to my distaste. This year, however, I was fortunate enough to get in there with a great flow (some people thought it was a bit too high). A good friend of mine got a nasty beatdown in double drop and elected to walk out early in the day, which left Barny, Daan, Taylor and myself... a good team, with good lines and an amazing day!
- Barny on double drop (P. Jordy)
- Taylor on the East Kaweah stout (P. Jordy)
- Barny waiting for it (P. Jordy)
- Daan doing it for the cameras (P. Jordy)
- Me about to get it (P. Barny)
- "Barny Young the Preachers Son" (P. Jordy)
- Taylor Havin' a good time (P. Jordy)
- Banry dropping into the Gorge of the Slides (P. Jordy)
- Stout little gorge drop, so good (P. Barny)
- Daangerous Daan (P. Barny)
- Barny showing off his photography skills (P. Barny)
- Hey! Look at Daan boof (P. Barny)
With pretty good access and a reasonable flow window this is a sick run. I would go in higher but am also gutted we didnt get to run triple drop. Moral of the story is go to Three Rivers, paddle the East Fork and Hospital Rock and go bear hunting!!!
- Mumma Bear! (P. Jordy)